Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

Things are moving slowly!

I'm starting my third week of anti-viral medication and my third week off work.  In theory it sounds great to say I sure wish I could stay home in my jammies and sleep as often as I want....in reality it's booooooring.  Not that I'm feeling rushed to get back to work or anything, but the medication schedule is a little trying.  I get my meds by PICC line three times a day....6am, 2pm, and 10 pm....every single day.  I will be done with that Wednesday night.  I'm looking forward to sending my iv pole and pump back to the hospital....I am NOT looking forward to having my PICC line removed.  *L*
I've been doing a tiny bit of sewing.  Prior to getting sick I had signed up for three craft swaps on Craftster.org.  I finished up one swap (mug rugs...so cute....little quilts used as coasters...love them).  The second is a post-apocalyptic swap.  This one is taking more time than I had anticipated.  I am my own worst critic, so several of the projects I'm working on for this have been restarted, taken apart and recrafted.  The last swap is a roller derby swap...because I long to be a roller derby girl!  *L*
THEN, my husband and daughter are going to an anime convention in April...they go every year.  They are trying to talk me into going with.  My husband is putting together a steampunk outfit for himself....I told him I'd help by sewing him a coat and a vest.  My daughter changes her mind every other day on what anime character she'd like to be.

Here's a picture of the costume I made for her last year....
This is what I used as reference

Poor kid was soo sick, but she'd paid for her
convention ticket so she was going to go...no matter WHAT!!

She wore it all weekend and got her picture taken A LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment