Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I had nothing to add yesterday!

So it would seem that blogging everyday just isn't in the cards for me.  It's not that I don't aspire to writing every day...it's just that some days I have nothing of value to talk about.
However, I did get some more sewing in yesterday.  I came across a website about repurposing, revamping, reconditioning your wardrobe.  It's a group of people who have promised themselves they won't buy anything new until they can and will wear everything in their closet.  I think I can do that!  I have a closet and dresser full of clothes that sort of fit, that I sort of like, that I don't like at all but I paid good money for.  So, I pulled out everything that I refuse to wear for whatever reason and started cutting last night!  I've always been a fan of making something usable out of something I already own, so that was easy enough.
Let me first start by saying that I am in love with my duct tape dress dummy.  This was the second time I've gotten to use her, and the first time I've used her for a recon.  If you don't have a dress dummy...get one, make one, steal one....they are soooo worth it!!  Mine now has a pink name tag placed by my 18-year-old son that says Hi, my name is Mom.  He tells his friends I made it so that he would have something to hug when I'm not around *L*.  He says he'd like to take her with him when he moves out this summer so he won't miss me so much.

Ok, so onto the new shirt...here is the first in a long line of things I will be revamping.  It started out as a long sleeved button up..I don't wear it as it way too big and sort of frumpy:


It has now become a cute little blouse that I will totally wear...in fact, I am wearing it right now!!


A close up of some of the details.  I already had the skully fabric in my huge stash!!  If it's pink and has skullies or bows I buy it!!


I was going for a bowling-esque shirt...didn't turn out exactly as I pictured it in my mind...but they almost never do.  *L*  I have a tiny bit of tweaking to do still.  I want to shorten it up a bit...it's still kinda frumpy long, and I got a little chop happy with the neckline and it shows a bit too much boobage.  So I'm gonna add a little skully panel to fix that....But I would say it is now a wearable article of clothing for my closet....

4 comments:

  1. It's super cute! I saw that fabric at walmart! i bought the pink version and have a blouse made from it. the glitter does rub off on you a bit but not too much. looking forward to your next refashion post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so cute..pink and skulls..now you must take fotos of you wearing while bowling .;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gsve u an stylish blog award go check it out at mi blo amor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALSO nominated you for THE STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD! Check out the details at this blog post http://sew-misunderstood.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-awards-and-stuff-you-never-wanted.html

    ReplyDelete