Total Pageviews

Monday, December 20, 2010

I look like THAT??

Got a lot of things accomplished this weekend, but didn't blog about it!  It's so much easier to write when I'm at work sitting in front of a computer all day! *L*

I love stripes!!
Perfect Hair!
I went with my mom and my friend to my tattoo gal and had a big piece done on my right thigh!!  It's a chubby pinup girl holding a cupcake.  I'll post a picture when she's done!  We just did the line work and some shading.  I'll be going back after Christmas for the color!!  I am in love with her.  She was going to be a red head, but I am now leaning towards giving her bright pink hair!!  My hair was PERFECT on Friday...so perfect in fact, that I took pictures.  *L*  I also ordered pink hair dye...FINALLY!  Should be here next week!  I get a hair cut on Tuesday then pink hair here I come!!

I started working on my 16 year old daughter's Christmas present.  She is leaning toward Visual Kei/Gothic Lolita styles...so I'm making her a kimono style dress out of some blue and gold fabric my grandma gave me.  I will post pictures when that is finished and sized to her.

Oh Betty...you're so big!!
I haven't been sewing much for me lately because I have been wanting to make a duct tape dummy.  I'm a big gal with lots of bust goin' on and I have to modify EVERY pattern I buy.  I've been sort of winging it forever, but the disaster of my overalls prompted me to get rolling on the dummy!  SO...last night my husband spent quite some time wrapping me in duct tape.  I asked him to painfully careful with the shaping....once it was cut off and stuffed, I was SHOCKED!  I know I'm a chub...but geeeeez.....seeing it in all it's glory in silvery duct tape was a whole lot of reality!!  So, in true Shannon fashion, I decided to embrace my chub and started covering the whole thing in leopard print duct tape and named her Betty (I name everything Betty *L*).  I'm going to mark the shoulders, waist, and such with hot pink.  She should be done tonight!!
We will be building a stand and she will become a working "art" piece for my sewing room.  Still startling to look at but it will be a great help in making my clothes fit better!!

1 comment:

  1. I know, It's quite a shock. I have a plus size dress form I padded out until she fit my measurements, and it was not really hard to look at, but a definite reminder of reality. Can't wait to see what you start making. I love the hair shot.

    ReplyDelete