Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stupid weather!!

So for those of you that don't know, the house we bought sits on a hill, making the driveway to our home a snowy, slippery deathtrap in the winter.  It's been snowing off and on for the past week or so, then yesterday...rain....followed by a freeze...turning our driveway into an ice rink.
Now, imagine me, unaware of this freeze, in tights, mini skirt, cute new pink sweater, Doc Marten boots casually strolling down the stairs then BAM WHAMO I'm sliding down the driveway on my tush after giving my arm a good whack on the cement stairs.  Hmmmm....I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood knows the color of my panties today!!  *L*
I'm fine, just got my new pink sweater dirty...which kinda burns my cookies since I just sewed it all together last night and am wearing if for the first time!  *L*  My neighbor did stick her head out the door to ask if I was alright since I had to sit and take some personal inventory of my limbs before gather all my crap that went flying to the four corners and trying to walk all dignified-like to my car. I said I was fine but was thinking "OH GOD, please don't send your teenage boys out to scoop my chubby butt off the cement!!"  She didn't!  *L*

I was fairly productive last night.  My husband and I went to the high school's Winter Concert...and I actually kind of enjoyed myself!  Got a tiny itty bitty little tingle of Christmas Spirit listening to all that Christmas music!  It's gone now, but it was there for a moment!  *L*
When we got home I dug an argyle sweater and a white dress shirt that I haven't worn in years out of my closet and combined them into one fabulous shirt that I love!  You will have to wait for a picture of it until I can get someone to help me...I couldn't get anything but a huge picture of my chest area....and not at all a good representation of how cute this sweater turned out!!
Now, I'm sitting at work all alone, enjoying some 25 calorie hot chocolate, listening to Christmas music and planning my next sewing project...of which I have many!!

My husband is so talented!!




I managed to get my hair in victory rolls again (it's always a crap-shoot whether they work out or not)...and I'm sporting the cutest hair clips EVER!!  My husband made them for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment