Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Time to make a change.


I have always wanted to dress a particular way...a mix of vintage 40's, rockabilly, and a whole lot of psychobilly.  I have been rather reluctant to do it because, 1) I work for a lawyer and it didn't seem appropriate, 2) I am not as young as I used to be and thought maybe it was time for me to dress my age, and 3) I'm a big girl (size 22-24) and I just didn't think the clothes I love would work with that

However, this is the year I will be turning 40...I'm not getting any younger...there is no better time than now to do the things I love.  So, today I have on bright red lipstick, black eyeliner and false eyelashes.  My hair is in victory rolls and I'm surfing the net for patterns to make the kind of clothes I love.


My Inspiration
I've been dying to own a pair of 40's style overalls.  This is not something sold in my size...pre-made or patterns.  So, being all DIY, I am working on making myself a pattern.  I'm having to morph a few patterns into one...the pants of one pattern, the top of another pattern, the back of another pattern with a few of my own modifications thrown in.  I also see a dress form in my future!  My husband is a bit excited about wrapping me in duct tape!  *L*

I have some beige fabric that I've been toting around for years...seems workable to me.  So last night I started measuring and cutting!!  Tonight I will start piecing it together and keep my fingers crossed that they will be flattering!



2 comments:

  1. DO IT GIRL!!! I am an engineer and I rock my psychobilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look cute..it goes well with being a vintage secretary..dont see why not hun.

    ReplyDelete